Saturday, August 29, 2009

Reading comprehension

Finished the reading comprehension chapter in the Kaplan 2010 book, got 42 of the 50 practice questions right, that's 84%. Not bad, I think. I had almost a week long pause due to a work related training event, glad to see that I haven't forgotten what I had learned previously.

This morning I got some Manhattan books in the mail, both quantitative and verbal, eight books altogether, I think I will move to those now. I have finished the verbal part in the Kaplan 2010 book, the quantitative part doesn't seem that good in this book since it's not that detailed, I'm hoping the Manhattan books will bring me up to speed better than the Kaplan would.

Overall progress as of today:

Verbal
  • Critical Reasoning strategies and practice questions in Kaplan 2010 (86%)
  • Sentence Correction strategies and practice questions in Kaplan 2010 (76%)
  • Reading Comprehension strategies and practice questions in Kaplan 2010 (84%)
Practice tests
  • Kaplan diagnostic test 66%

No comments:

Post a Comment